Murray Harcourt recognises that its activities impact upon the environment both through its routine operations, its interaction with clients, its infrastructural development, and through its influence and effects on the wider community. It acknowledges a responsibility for, and a commitment to, protection of the environment at all levels. We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
The firm will comply fully with environmental legislation and is in addition committed to continued efforts to:
- Promote environmental management policies and practices at every level and in every department of the firm
- Increase awareness of environmental responsibilities among staff
- Minimise waste and pollution and develop and operate environmentally sound waste management procedures
- Continue to reduce the consumption of fossil fuels and to incorporate long term strategies for energy efficiency into any planning and development
- Continue to encourage and facilitate modes of transport by staff which minimise environmental impact, and to apply environmentally friendly principles to the operation of any owned vehicles as well as encouraging car sharing between staff
- Reduce water consumption
- Promote a purchasing policy which will give preference, as far as practicable, to those products and services which cause the least harm to the environment
- Avoid wherever practical the use of environmentally damaging substances, materials and processes
- Maintain the grounds and buildings in an environmentally sensitive way, having regard to protection of local natural habitats and preservation of biological diversity
- Consider environmental factors in respect of the growth of the business, seeking as far as is practical to reduce harmful environmental impacts and to integrate new developments into the local environment;
- Work with other local, national and other agencies as appropriate to promote environmental policies.
This policy will be reviewed on a regular basis taking into account feedback and experience, best practice and changes in legislation. For any issues related to Environmental Policy linked to this business please contact: Mark Hunter at email@example.com.